Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
PR Manager will be responsible for leading PR/Comms execution for Riot Games and products as the communication expert. Build PR strategy, engage with key media, manage PR agencies, acquire articles/assure coverage, increase brand awareness and establish storytelling about Riot Games and our Games. The PR Specialist will contribute to internal comms, for encouraging Rioters(and potential Rioters) to believe Riot Games is the best place to work.
The PR Specialist will also contribute to social media execution with social media manager, to build holistic social media strategy and formation to be capable for future multiple communication channel expansion.
- Educated and experienced: you've earned a bachelor's degree in Communications, Business Management, Marketing, or a related field; with over four years of gaming industry PR wrangling under your belt, you're well-versed with the nuances of working with agencies and third-party companies
- A consummate communicator: you're a communicative dual-threat, able to clearly and succinctly express yourself in either written or verbal mediums; you're fluent in English and ideally other languages
- A PR dynamo: you're a one-stop public relations boutique, able to successfully create, plan, and execute strategic yet creative PR initiatives with a focus on sharing great stories; you know that PR's all about relationships, so you've built and fostered rapport with multiple PC gaming publications
- Autonomous: you don't need to be given continual direction and know how to manage yourself; you're meticulously organized with an unquenchable drive for results
- A gaming guru: you've been gaming since the dark days of dial-up and consider League of Legends an integral part of your daily routine
- Build holistic PR/Comms strategy for Riot Games and our games
- Collaborate with brand managers and integrated marketers to deliver the right story to the right place to the right media
- Increase brand awareness, touch point and player satisfaction through media articles
- Build tight media relationships
- Influence and engage with editor and chief in editor deeply to acquire the appropriate articles
- Manage PR agencies and monitor monthly basis performance and execution to acquire the articles
- Collaborate with Central Comms team for storytelling of the company and games
- Internal comms for Ritoter to deliver common sense and excitement
- Help social media manager/execution to expand communication channel capability (If social media manager position is open, PR manager will be responsible to drive social media execution)
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.