Central Player Support Service Delivery Manager
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a Service Delivery Manager, you will use your drive, passion, and leadership to build a highly responsive, service delivery team that will support Riot’s global PS infrastructure. You will lead the charge on delivering around the clock monitoring solutions and process alignment required to provide real time player support. Your unwavering dedication to the player experience will encourage you and your team to be proactive and pragmatic while you envision creative new ways to ensure service reliability.
- Operations savvy: you're fluent in—and an avid advocate of—PS operational best practices, including ITIL, Vendor Management, and Lean for Service; with your process steward's toolbox in hand, you take a holistic view of the incident management lifecycle and adapt process and apply tools accordingly
- A true problem solver: you approach challenges methodically, sparking discussions as you work towards prioritizing and breaking down the steps to solutions
- A data interpreter: you’re a quick learner and an adaptive communicator; while your only experience with databases has been “googling SQL statements”, you are able extract mountains of PS data, make meaningful conclusions about our operations, and relay information to Rioters and vendor partners in an easy-to-understand way
- Detail-oriented: you look at projects under a microscope, methodically dissecting their DNA to ensure that no detail has been overlooked; you communicate your findings precisely and efficiently and with zero room for misunderstandings, whether you're giving a presentation or shooting off a quick email
- Self-motivated: you meet challenges with gusto, taking initiative to assume responsibilities and writing the instruction manual where none exists; impossible is your favorite kind of possible
- A motivational mentor: you keep teams focused on results, growth and actionable feedback; you're emotionally attuned to others and are open about your own feelings, which helps you resolve conflicts quickly, comfortably, and respectfully
- A gamer: your passion for video games is what drove you to the industry; you love games and take play seriously, and that'll help you make player-focused decisions every day
- Build a team of service delivery leads that act as a point of contact for regional support teams and vendor partners to facilitate timely issue resolution and communication between global PS teams (including regions, subject matter experts, live services, etc.)
- Implement a robust set of metrics for real time service health of systems, tools, ticket trends, and partner health, and create tools to track, maintain, and communicate
- Lead team and cross-team improvements by pinpointing problem areas, envision and execute initiatives to level up service reliability
- Mobilize teams to identify and quickly solve emergent global operational issues; you’ll do this by leading and interacting with Riot SME’s, Live Services, regional PS, and external partners.
- Manage all aspects of relationships with PS software vendors, including systems administration, account ownership, and incident management
- Assist with the selection and procurement of both PS tools and third party partners