Business Development - Commercial Partnerships
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a member of the Business Development team, you'll focus on forging and implementing commercial partnerships across different disciplines. You’ll help create roadmaps for our business in the pursuit of growing Riot's commercial relationships while helping to make sure the player experience within the League of Legends ecosystem is safe and sound. You'll help share insight and feedback with multiple teams, such as League Operations and Events, to align their goals with the goals of your team. You'll partner with product and project leads to foster an open, transparent strategy that keeps stakeholders in the loop through proactive reporting and effective cross-team chat that guarantees everyone's on the same page.
As a Rioter in China, you'll join a team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming.
To reinforce Riot’s collaborative culture in our China offices, we’ve decided to do away with the constraints of traditional hierarchical title structures that are more common in the region. Titles don’t really matter at any of Riot’s offices, but we chose to take this extra step in our China offices to foster a space where teamwork thrives. We believe that removing this constraint will promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and a focus on results. We promise you won’t need a title at Riot to make an impact.
- Educated and experienced: you've earned at least your bachelor's or you can make a strong case with your long tenure in the field; you've worked in a sales and marketing role or similar capacity with 5+ years of experience and know what it takes to drive a deal from beginning to finish
- An Agile team member: you have extensive experience working with teams in Agile environments as a Project Manager, Marketing Manager, or Development Manager; you hold true to Agile principles while reliably delivering value to the organization and players
- A motivational mentor: you keep teams focused on results, growth, and actionable feedback; you're emotionally attuned to others and are open about your own feelings, which helps you resolve conflicts quickly, comfortably, and respectfully
- Detail-oriented: you look at projects under a microscope, methodically dissecting their DNA to ensure that no detail has been overlooked; you communicate your findings precisely and efficiently with zero room for misunderstandings
- Self-motivated: you meet challenges with gusto, taking initiative to assume responsibilities while writing the instruction manual where none exists; impossible is your favorite kind of possible
- A gamer: your passion for video games is what drove you to the industry; you love games and take play seriously, and that helps you build player-focused development environments
- A subtle influencer: you're able to help drive multiple teams (including ones outside your discipline) to aligned goals by positively influencing their direction with actionable feedback without having to set hard mandates
- Identify, pursue, and execute sponsorship and other business partnerships by engaging and managing third-party agencies or direct relationships; formulate and implement creative marketing campaign for partners
- Develop and execute sales strategy through effective media planning, pitch-book creation, production follow-up, and provision of account services; service our partners in terms of idea generation during meetings and presentations, filtering requests on feasibility from a technical and branding standpoint, and be able to implement the strategies and recommendations of team members to partners
- Work with internal parties and external vendors to ensure smooth coordination and execution of advertising activities and projects
- Monitor the larger environment, industry, and technological developments to guide partners through potential issues and opportunities, and provide corresponding solutions and recommendations
- Map out our short-term and long-term content strategy with continuous involvement that supports and builds Riot's esports vision and brand positioning
- Gather data and feedback from multiple development teams to help influence and guide the projects of multiple development teams based on actionable intelligence
- Regularly assess the team´s maturity, health, and composition; relentlessly strive for cohesion gains across the board
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.