Lead Events Producer
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Lead Esports Events Producer, you'll create, oversee, and execute live esports events. You'll be responsible for developing engaging experiences at player-facing events, including the run-up to them. You'll plan and execute event strategies with precision and skill, while finding creative solutions to the challenges that come along with event management. Whether you're planning the next LPL Finals or international events, you'll make the tough calls that drive energetic, fan-focused events, and work with multiple stakeholders and vendors to deliver a fantastic live and broadcasting experience.
As a Rioter in China, you'll join a team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming.
To reinforce Riot’s collaborative culture in our China offices, we’ve decided to do away with the constraints of traditional hierarchical title structures that are more common in the region. Titles don’t really matter at any of Riot’s offices, but we chose to take this extra step in our China offices to foster a space where teamwork thrives. We believe that removing this constraint will promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and a focus on results. We promise you won’t need a title at Riot to make an impact.
- Educated and experienced: you've conquered college, earned your bachelor's degree, and have experience planning and executing live events for 5+ years as an event management pro; the highs and lows of event planning are old hat to you
- A leader and mentor: your optimism-based leadership skills rally talented pros into a focused events task force, and you've got the track record of leading successful teams and driving productivity across the finish line; you know how to rally the troops to kick-off an event on gameday as well as develop members of your team
- A strategic executioner: you've got the guts and the strategic mindset to make decisive calls that solve problems when stuff breaks, the power goes out, or plans have to be rewritten on the spot; you understand the abilities and needs of your team to deliver amazing live experiences that combine their full efforts
- A deft communicator: you easily share detailed event logistics with others in any medium, be it email, face-to-face chats, or telepathy helmets; you develop and carefully maintain productive business relationships well with fellow Rioters and vendors
- A multitasking maestro: you're able to conduct a symphony of interdependent projects within an event while staying under tight deadlines without missing a note
- An innovative challenger: you are always tracking and learning new technologies that could be used for events, and you’re motivated to take on the challenge of designing new events that take esports to the next level
- Passionate about LoL and esports: League of Legends is your favorite game, and you'll use your enthusiasm to inspire creative and innovative payment methods, market initiatives, or local events that improve player experience; you have an eye for what resonates with LoL esports fans
- Develop and execute the vision, strategy, and tactics for events that draw hundreds to thousands of players and members of the gaming community, from LPL to international events, solving problems cross-functionally as a team when conflicts arise
- Select the best vendors and build the vendor pool that supports Riot in driving events for a variety of scales and visions
- Work as a team to help keep large groups of event staff organized and efficient while prioritizing various features and components of the events
- Work with professionals from various disciplines to design and develop event spaces that are innovative and engaging experiences for players
- Oversee event execution to ensure players attending on-site and watching from home enjoy amazing esports experiences that form lasting memories
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.