Analyst, North America
The Insights discipline helps empower Rioters' decision-making to be more data-informed. We're an interdisciplinary group of scientists, consultants, and strategists from all sorts of backgrounds who join together to represent and advocate for gamers around the world. We believe that illuminating the globally diverse experiences, behaviors, and needs of gamers is critical to Riot living up to our player-focused mission. We're a group united by our love of games, science, and helping others succeed.
As an Analyst, you’ll join the Insights team – the group of researchers, analysts, data scientists, and strategists responsible for solving problems and executing analyses. Our team enables Rioters to make difficult decisions with confidence. You’ll be part of an interdisciplinary team and work closely with Rioters from other disciplines (marketing, operations, production, etc.). You'll conduct studies and analyses that’ll inform the features, systems, and experiences of our products. Your background and your passion in data analysis and strategic decision-making will ensure that you’re an effective advocate for players and can provide strategic mentorship about their wants, needs, and behaviors.
Passionate about how players are affected in North America? You'll share a campus with the Central office that serves the whole world, but as a Rioter for the North American region, you'll have a laser focus on leveling up the experience for players in Canada and the United States.
- Inform decisions across Riot and ensure that we make good on our mission to become the most player-focused game company in the world
- Work with North America's Regional Marketing team and Central Growth team to develop objectives, meaningful metrics, and testing strategy for initiatives
- Collaborate with partners within NA Publishing to help guide strategy based on past findings
- With a focus on business health and publishing support, derive insights and drive actions based on performance relative to goals and recent trends
- Ensure players are voiced and represented by wielding your analytic skills to translate data from a variety of sources into narratives that describe their experiences and suggest new ways to serve them
- Work in teams and solo to accurately aggregate and analyze petabytes of information from various sources in preparation for deeper analysis and/or reporting
- Organize the data you’ve collected into reliable intel that informs Rioters about areas where we can improve the player experience
- BA in Economics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Management Information Systems or a related discipline
- Minimum of three years professional work experience analyzing large data sets, visualizing information, and informing company strategy
- Proven experience in digital media: for example, setting up medium-complexity tests, defining and measuring critical metrics, and tracking campaign performance using first and third party systems
- Effective relationship management with third party marketing agencies
- Knowledgeable in SQL and Tableau
- Bonus points for R/Python or any other scripting language
- Graduate degree preferred or meaningful work experience in consulting, consumer insights or product strategy
- Knowledge around marketing strategies, tactics, and analytics is highly preferred
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).