Digital Marketing Manager
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result into genre-defining games. Back in 2009, that vision gave birth to our debut title League of Legends, which achieved critical acclaim among players and became the most played PC game in the world. We are honored to serve over 100 million players worldwide every month.
To support our growth and nurture our relationship with our French players, we opened an office in Paris in 2017. We need a handful of top-tier professionals to help us lay the groundwork, starting, basically… tomorrow! This is where you come in.
We are looking for a humble, ambitious and broad-thinking marketing guru who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Just like us, you are passionate about games and take play seriously.
As Digital Marketing Manager, you'll carry the torch for the digital marketing in France. You’ll craft projects that harness Riot's creative energies to engage players in France with meaningful content and features. You'll join a team of fellow gamers that are breaking boundaries and blurring global borders by marrying high-level marketing and brand strategies with a genuine understanding of what excites players. You'll help bring more experiences to more players around the world and help us define and evolve the League of Legends brand.
As a Paris Rioter, you'll join a smaller but dedicated team of Rioters committed to be the most player-focused game company in the world. You'll share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention and incredible passion for gaming. France needs a publishing revolution: you (and any teams you manage) will deliver unique player experiences that show French players they aren't lost in translation.
- A digital veteran: you've been deep in the digital marketing game and have a strong track record of results; you’re an expert in creating digital campaigns across multiple channels leveraging emerging technologies to drive results
- Digital media expert: you are an expert for driving brand awareness and conversion through all digital channels; you have a strong background in crafting and coordinating high performing digital media plans (paid, owned and earned media), in coordination with partners and media agencies, from defining the best buying strategies, optimizing effectiveness of our campaigns, analyzing and measuring results.
- Technically savvy: you’ve got experience using digital analytics (Google Analytics, Omniture, etc) to measure campaigns and are comfortable using your wide array of tools to craft advertising campaigns; you’re no stranger to web language (HTML, CSS, JAVA) and can get your hands dirty if needed
- A vendor veteran: you’re comfortable working with third party vendors to drive execution of programs and identify new opportunities; legal contracts and negotiations are no problem, as you work to create the best deal for your projects
- Strategic: your marketing IQ is high and you’ve been battle tested through the years; you’re able to use marketing strategy to distill product positioning to the right audiences; you can convert marketing strategy to creative digital execution through display, social, and other digital channels
- Data-informed decision maker: data is your vision ward helping you identify marketing opportunities and drive results through data-informed decision making
- Personable: your outgoing and positive nature is infectious, making it easy for you to create genuine, collaborative bonds and relationships with all types, whether Rioter, player, partner, or otherwise; you put your affability to good use, quickly diffusing the most tense situations before they get overly heated
- Player-focused and informed by insight: as a core gamer and League of Legends player, you have the context and empathy to understand the player perspective; you're powered by player insights and can use both qualitative and quantitative data to help you find the right solutions
- Partner with the Marketing, Community, and Ecommerce teams to create online marketing campaigns to drive player acquisition and engagement.
- Translate global brand strategies to regional digital tactics to drive key initiatives
- Recommend and lead high performing digital media on the most relevant channels
- Own the performance of our ecommerce and registration funnels for maximum performance
- Develop and level-up best practices in digital marketing that can be used across the entire regional team and Riot organization as a whole
- Combine player-focused brand strategies with data-informed digital strategies to drive campaigns that’ll excite players
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.