Head of Operations DACH
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result into genre-defining games. Back in 2009, that vision gave birth to our debut title League of Legends, which achieved critical acclaim among players and became the most played PC game in the world. We are honored to serve over 100 million players worldwide every month.
To support our growth and nurture our relationship with German, Austrian, and Swiss players, we opened a publishing office in the heart of Berlin. To make that initiative a success we need inspiring leaders to help us build it up.
That’s where you come in.
As Head of Operations, you’re an integral part of our management team in Berlin and you'll help us grow and run the Berlin publishing office. You’ll cover all areas that allow us to function on a very high level of quality with your bilingual abilities and fluency in talent support, facility management, finance, legal, processes, and IT operations. Riot DACH Berlin is going to be the best place to work in town thanks to you, and that will allow us deliver the best experience to players in the DACH region.
As a Berlin Rioter, you’ll join a dedicated team of specialists committed to becoming the most player-focused game company in the world. You share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and intense passion for gaming.
You’ll report to the Country Manager DACH and work as part of the DACH leadership team.
We are looking for a humble, ambitious, and broad-thinking leader who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor.
- Experienced: you have at least 7 years of leadership experience in operations in a comparable industry. Ideally, you’ve worked at a games, internet, or entertainment company in Germany. Spreadsheets and process tools are your best friends.
- Service minded: operations is the art of providing a work environment that makes everything beyond anyone’s core goals seem easy and fluent. You thrive when you see that your results impact the quality and performance of all disciplines.
- Talent driven: you know how to support Rioters in their career development, you hold frequent development discussions and set stretch goals. You help Rioters with very diverse backgrounds with their personal needs and challenges. Ultimately, you love to see your team members succeed and grow in their careers.
- Player focused: you understand how your work impacts the quality of projects we deliver to players because you are a player too. You use that knowledge to develop our talent pool in order to improve the overall experience of all our games and events.
- Strategic: you know what it means to be a fun workplace that runs efficiently. You target the most relevant strategic avenues to build up and keep all operations running like a well oiled machine.
- A leader by example: you build, lead, and inspire your suppliers and colleagues by walking the talk. You’re self-aware, you humbly seek and accept feedback, and you remain open to constructive criticism. You recognize failure and learn from mistakes.
- A modern thinker: you stay up-to-date and ahead of the curve of office, team, and corporate organization. You follow academic research, and tools and initiatives implemented at other innovative companies, whether in DACH or abroad.
- Agile and organized: roadblocks, constraints, dogmas, none of these scare you. Your energy is positive and focused on finding solutions to deliver your vision to all players. You show a clear “can-do” attitude and lead by that example.
- Strong at building relationships: you actively build and cultivate your supply chain and partner networks to help you source specific areas and expertise. You effectively negotiate with vendors, partners, and suppliers with the goal of building long term partnerships.
- A strong bilingual communicator: you have excellent communication and presentation skills in English and German
- Educated: you studied or used agile project and team management (such as SCRUM, XP, etc.), lean processes (such as Kanban), and/or objective driven management (such as OKR).
- Build, grow, and run highly efficient operations that revolve around supplier management and outsourcing, which will deliver a fun work environment for all DACH Rioters and beyond in the areas of talent, finance, legal, purchasing, reporting, IT, and office management
- Inspire and support the personal and career development of Rioters
- Advise team members on vendor strategy, accounting, and finance implementations while also recommending necessary changes. You’ll work with teams at HQ and other offices to cooperate and share best practices and learnings.
- Oversee and guide partnerships, purchasing, payroll, reporting, payment, and various processes, ensuring compliance with legal requirements
- Foster our culture: it’s all about achieving the right goals to have a meaningful impact on the market, not a list of tasks to tick off.
- Create focus within your suppliers and our teams: guide them in the priority-setting process, eliminate blockers, and facilitate execution
- Define key performance indicators to set goals for and track the efficiency and performance of our operational efforts, and help your suppliers and our team gains and maintain a data-informed perspective on their work
- Provide support to all disciplines, their success is your victory