UK Head of Publishing
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result into genre-defining games. Back in 2009, that vision gave birth to our debut title League of Legends, which achieved critical acclaim among players and became the most played PC game in the world. We are honored to serve over 100 million players worldwide every month.
To support our growth and nurture our relationship with our UK players, we will be opening an office in London in 2017. To make that launch a reality, however, we need a handful of experienced pros to help us lay the groundwork, starting, basically… tomorrow! This is where you come in.
As Head of Publishing, you'll set the pace and strategic direction for the Publishing discipline in the UK & IE, supporting product owners to implement their player focused initiatives. Your team will help PO’s to identify and implement their marketing goals so that Riot can grow the esports scene and develop the League of Legends community in the UK & IE. You're eager to design and develop experiences that genuinely engage players and encourage them to set the interwebs abuzz with their ongoing conversations. With your network already established, you'll also be able to recruit, retain, and grow Publishing professionals and agencies who'll help Riot reach its strategic goals for marketing, esports and community initiatives.
As a Rioter in London, you'll join a tight-knit team that shares our focus on player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming. With teams in Community, Esports, Marketing, Player Support and others, London Rioters will create amazing player experiences in and around League of Legends.
- Educated and experienced: you've earned your bachelor’s in Marketing, Communications or Business, and probably an MBA as well; you have experience in implementation of large-scale marketing initiatives: you've created campaigns that champion consumer experience while challenging marketing conventions in the industry for at least four years
- A leader: you've racked up at least ten years of leadership experience in marketing and communications, with an expert level of B2C marketing (including digital) tools that you learned by doing and by constantly reading related literature
- Strategic: your strategic planning and results-driven attitude make you an effective leader who can balance and prioritize short-term solutions without losing sight of the long-term vision; when making key decisions, you leave no variable unturned, including project scope, scheduling, viability of launches, risks and mitigation, and efficient issue escalation
- A gamer: you've likely been playing since the dark days of dial-up; you take play seriously and you might also like game related topics such as board games, comics, and pop culture in general
- A people leader: you know developing a team ain't easy; you think strategically about the skills your team needs to develop and define a holistic plan that includes on-the-job and training options; you also face delicate situations and decisions, and dish out honest and critical feedback, confidently deal with people problems, and are unafraid to be the bearer of bad news when necessary – all because you know it's better to take action and foster change to help a team thrive
- Analytical: you're able to expertly explore metrics and analyze gamer trends to construct business cases that support initiatives, help establish best practices, position products and develop strategies for creative and media
- Build up lean teams for Community, Marketing and PR and use your experience to inspire and coach their development, and, if needed, develop relationships with regional outsourcing partners to determine and prioritize publishing needs
- Support this team while it contributes to a wide variety of product projects, from esports to community efforts
- Draw on your intimate understanding of UK & IE players, identifying and proposing new features and messaging that drive player engagement, while inspiring new players to give us a try
- Define key performance indicators related to publishing operations for Riot in the UK & IE
- Ensure that marketing assets, web content, and community materials are of the highest standard and representative of a player-focused approach