Senior Localization Producer
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a Senior Localization Producer, you believe that authentic localization brings clarity to gameplay and enriches a global audience's gaming experience. You’ll work closely with Central Development and Localization leadership in regional offices to help improve a high-functioning Localization discipline. You've spent a lot of time thinking about the balance of speedy content creation and quality, and can help product teams successfully balance the two. At the end of the day, you aren't satisfied until players around the world experience a highly polished gaming experience.
- Educated and experienced: you've spent at least five years as a dedicated localization manager or project manager in AAA games; you’ve got the experience and contacts needed to solve the toughest localization problems and to set future games of any genre up for success
- Skilled with the tools of the trade: you're fully versed in localization content management systems including Perforce, JIRA, and media localization tools; you're a superstar at applying Agile methodologies to localization
- An organized, long-term planner: your calendar-management skills are strong, and you're flexible enough to schedule and complete projects in a continuous live-service environment with tight deadlines
- Driven: you're not someone who needs to be micromanaged and you don't wait around for problems or quality concerns to hit others' radars before brainstorming a fix
- A creative problem solver: you're the person everyone turns to for off-beat solutions to esoteric hitches; you figure out problems that rarely have textbook solutions
- A Loc pro: you’re well versed in multiple forms of media and have an in-depth knowledge of game localization, with a few titles under your belt; you aren't afraid to get your hands dirty working alongside developers to better understand the pains a poor localization process creates so that you can help build a better one
- Player-focused: as a player yourself, you know that subpar localization disrupts the player experience, whereas great localization brings clarity to gameplay and makes players feel like they're being given the right kind of attention
- A diplomatic communicator: your communication skills are top notch and you're known for your empathy; you’ve got great relationships with all of your coworkers and you're able to maintain these relationships across distance, culture, and time zones
- Shepherd Localization best practices; utilize trainings, yearly summits, and other programs to level up the discipline and its members around the world
- Connect centrally located Rioters with Rioters in other regions, fostering robust lines of communication and encouraging holistic collaboration
- Craft and pursue software related solutions to optimize localization processes for League of Legends, media content, and any new IP created
- Clearly communicate the goals of your projects to senior leaders in an effort to achieve constant stakeholder alignment across the organization
- Provide direction and career guidance for junior Localization team members in an effort to help them grow and deliver awesome
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.