Director of Publishing, India
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Publishing Director, you'll lead the publishing team and develop strategies that focus on driving market growth and player engagement, establish business partnerships with relevant industry participants, and build the Riot and League of Legends brand in India. Working closely with the Country Manager, you'll set the objectives and strategies for the India publishing team, establish KPIs and metrics of success, use data and insights to course-correct, and execute key initiatives and campaigns. You'll mentor and lead the Publishing discipline, building, mentoring, and growing the team.
As a Rioter in India, you'll help build a team of entrepreneurial, culturally diverse professionals that share our focus on player experience, rejection of convention, and passion for gaming. With teams in Marketing, Publishing, and Community, we are dedicated to defining and elevating the standard of player experience for gamers in India.
- A seasoned professional: you've earned a degree in Marketing or Business Management; have 10+ years of leadership experience in Marketing, Business Development, or Consulting in Media & Entertainment; are an expert in B2X marketing tools, and have experience implementing large-scale marketing initiatives and launches.
- Strategic: your strategic planning and results-driven attitude make you an effective leader who can balance and prioritize short-term solutions without losing sight of the long-term vision; when making key decisions, you leave no variable unturned, including project scope, scheduling, viability of launches, risks and mitigation, and efficient issue escalation.
- A mentor and leader: you've built lean, agile teams from scratch, and have hired, mentored, managed, and developed professionals into a cohesive unit. You're able to inspire and lead with a common vision and set the direction for the entire team.
- A passionate gamer: you've been playing online games since the dial-up days, and you still find time to engage with games on a regular basis.
- Entrepreneurial: you either have entrepreneurial experience or an entrepreneurial spirit, which means you're willing to take risks; you care about challenge and potential, not titles or the size of your team.
- Design and implement regional strategy for the Indian gaming and esports community; partner with the India Country Manager to provide thought leadership and strategic vision for Riot in India.
- Work on key initiatives across Marketing, Brand and Social Media, Business Development, Community, PR, esports; build roadmaps to align Riot strategy with the India team's business and operational goals.
- Build, lead and manage a diverse team; determine and prioritize publishing needs.
- Define and be responsible for KPIs related to publishing operations in India.
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.