Community Manager, India
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Community Manager, you'll plan, manage, and execute campaigns, engage players with meaningful features, events, and programs, and help define, grow, and evolve the League of Legends and Riot brands in India. You'll use your gamer and market knowledge and insight to deliver content in the most impactful way possible to the player community.
As a Rioter in India, you'll help build a team of entrepreneurial, culturally diverse professionals that share our focus on player experience, rejection of convention, and passion for gaming. With teams in Marketing, Publishing, and Community, we are dedicated to defining and elevating the standard of player experience for gamers in India.
- A hardcore gamer: your passion for video games is what drove you to the industry; you love games, you're an avid fan of LoL, and you take play seriously.
- Educated and experienced: you have at least a bachelor's degree and 7+ years of experience in some or all of the disciplines of marketing, branding, and community management; you are also experienced in building and growing marketing teams.
- Strategic: you see the big picture, understand what will fundamentally resonate with your audience, and what the biggest levers are to accomplish your goals.
- Data-informed: you're fluent in the language of data, analyzing and interpreting data and KPIs and setting/changing direction accordingly.
- A proven multi-tasker: you're able to manage multiple projects and deliverables at once and you're a self-starter who thrives in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment.
- A motivational mentor: you keep your team focused on results, growth, and actionable feedback; you're emotionally attuned to others and are open about your own feelings, which helps you resolve conflicts quickly, comfortably, and respectfully.
- Create campaigns and content based on web, text, video, and other media to engage and grow the player base.
- Conduct market research and build strategy plans to grow the Riot brand and the League of Legends community in India.
- Provide full visibility to all of Riot on marketing, community management, customer support, and development priority related issues, both local and global.
- Inspire, lead, and coach publishing, marketing, brand, and social media team members who are responsible for local marketing programs.
- Evaluate and advocate programs and campaigns that build brand passion.
- Manage marketing relationships with global partners that are relevant domestically.
- Help the Country Manager identify and evaluate talent for the local Publishing team.
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.