Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a member of the Merchandise Product team, you will work with like-minded individuals to create high-quality League merchandise that surprises and delights our players on every unboxing. You will be leading product developments, smashing through obstacles to push products across the finish-line into players’ hands. You will meet and exceed expectations by being committed to getting your hands dirty if that is what is necessary to build the best products possible for our players.
As a Rioter in China, you'll join a team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming.
To reinforce Riot’s collaborative culture in our China offices, we’ve decided to do away with the constraints of traditional hierarchical title structures that are more common in the region. Titles don’t really matter at any of Riot’s offices, but we chose to take this extra step in our China offices to foster a space where teamwork thrives. We believe that removing this constraint will promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and a focus on results. We promise you won’t need a title at Riot to make an impact.
- A gamer, with great player empathy: your passion for gaming can be felt in most of your big life decisions, from which computer to pick up to where you live (dat FiOS); you love games and take play seriously, and that'll help you make player-focused decisions every day and produce the products that players will love.
- Multilingual: you're comfortable conversing in English and Mandarin; you didn't learn these languages in a cultural vacuum and can pick up nuances that could mean the difference between pleasing someone and pissing them off
- A master problem solver: you take deep pride in your work and view each new problem as an opportunity for success; you approach challenges creatively, but methodically, sparking discussions as you work toward prioritizing and breaking down the steps to solutions
- Strategic: you actualize visions through capable team management, tactical execution, and unrelenting focus on daily progress; you connect player engagement efforts to broader vision and understand how to create content players will like and share over and over again
- A team player: while you're a capable self-manager, your natural verve and sense of fun make you thrive as part of a team; you inspire others, provide meaningful and constructive criticism, and remain cool, calm, and collected in crisis
- Act as the product/project owner who is deeply involved in every process throughout product development, from identifying players’ needs, leading product ideation, driving product designs, to overseeing product manufacturing.
- Work directly with designers, artists and factories to ensure Riot only releases the best products possible that helps build long-lasting relationships with players
- Oversee multiple product developments at once, set vision and design roadmap while creating alignment on all levels across disciplines
- Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.