Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
As a member of our Merchandise team in China, you'll work on various aspects of our merchandising business in China, from supply chain, distribution, marketing/branding, to strategy and beyond. You’ll ensure that players in China get access to high-quality League and Riot merch that surprises and delights on every unboxing. You won’t stop at inventory management, you’ll follow the process to completion by building and managing third party relationships to keep the flow of merch and services moving smoothly to their final destinations. You know the purchasing experience doesn’t just end at clicking “buy,” so you’ll design and execute support strategies so players feel good about their purchase throughout the process.
As a Rioter in China, you'll join a team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming.
To reinforce Riot’s collaborative culture in our China offices, we’ve decided to do away with the constraints of traditional hierarchical title structures that are more common in the region. Titles don’t really matter at any of Riot’s offices, but we chose to take this extra step in our China offices to foster a space where teamwork thrives. We believe that removing this constraint will promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and a focus on results. We promise you won’t need a title at Riot to make an impact.
- Player-focused: you understand your impact on the player experience because you’re a player, too; you listen closely to the community to better understand their needs before they do and improve the overall League of Legends experience
- Strategic: your foresight is 20/20, enabling you to get a jump on future trends and shifts with seer-like accuracy; you anticipate consequences, creating breakthrough strategies and plans that zig when everyone else is stuck in the zag
- A problem solver: when problems appear, you’re the on-call fixer, applying your methodical approach to clean up even the stickiest of situations; you look past the obvious solution, checking in with all sources to uncover any hidden issues lying dormant
- A merchandising pro: you have significant merchandising business experience to bring to the team
- Craft and execute the overall merchandise strategy for China
- Work on one of the functional areas of merchandising in China, which includes supply chain, front-line service, marketing, strategy/analytics
- Provide feedback from players, partners, and vendors to Riot’s central team in Los Angeles and work with them to make savvy decisions about merch and product direction with the needs of China fans in mind
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.