China Merch – Sourcing & Supply Management
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it's for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We're looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you're passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren't afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As an important part of our sourcing and supply team, you will work with like-minded individuals in ensuring we deliver the right products to our players around the world, on time, with quality that we proudly imprint the Riot Games logo. You'll help drive the conceptualization, development and production of Riot Games merchandize products. And we will rely on you to ensure we find top quality providers / supplier for these products, and produce them on time, with efficiency and compliance.
As a Rioter in Shanghai, you'll join a growing team of player-focused pros that share our rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming. Our office is focused on esports, merchandising, and media business in China. Within this office, you will be working with people from all disciplines, ranging from Marketing, Video Production, Live Services, Events, Business Development, procurement/supply chain, etc. Riot Games Shanghai office is committed to creating experiences that show Chinese players they aren't lost in translation. We would love for you to join us to shape how we deliver better experience to players in China together – and merchandising products are definitely one of the key pillars to support that vision.
To reinforce Riot's collaborative culture in our China offices, we've decided to do away with the constraints of traditional hierarchical title structures that are more common in the region. Titles don't really matter at any of Riot's offices, but we chose to take this extra step in our China offices to foster a space where teamwork thrives. We believe that removing this constraint will promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and a focus on results. We promise you won't need a title at Riot to make an impact.
- A master of souring, vendor management and category planning: you understand how to develop and optimize category strategy, offering and vendor base to best meet gamer's expectations and at the same time achieve business goals and financial control.
- Category experience and vendor network in consumer-facing categories, especially 3C, clothing and accessories, toys and figuring categories. Network in top FMCG/E-commerce/Merchandising companies would be a big plus for this role.
- Exposure with eCommerce sales and marketing activities: preferably, you have collaborated with the eCommerce sales and marketing in your previous experience to execute on key beats and understand how to develop a flexible category strategy to support the customer-facing activities. You also understand how to leverage eCommerce data and customer insights and collaborate with the sales and marketing team to develop new product and optimize our category offerings
- A team player: while you're an expert in your area, your natural verve and sense of fun make you thrive as part of a team; you inspire and collaborate with others with focus on the big pictures of gamer experiences and long-term goals of the merch team.
- Keen on customer insights and data analysis: You are skillful to leverage data and customer insights to find and explore opportunities to meet gamer expectations and business goals. You are creative and resourceful to leverage data to help financial control, achieve business goals and optimize vendor base.
- A gamer: your passion for gaming can be felt in most of your big life decisions, from which computer to pick up to where you live (dat FiOS); you love games and take play seriously, and that'll help you make player-focused decisions every day
- Multilingual (Nice-to-have): you're comfortable conversing in English and Mandarin; you didn't learn these languages in a cultural vacuum and can pick up nuances that could mean the difference between pleasing someone and pissing them off
- Be responsible for the category planning for Riot China merchandising business with focus on 3C, or clothing & accessories, or toys & figuring, etc.
- Category strategy and planning: For the categories you are responsible for, you need to be able to establish and communicate to the team the category strategy to optimize gamer experiences and at the same time meet business goals.
- Vendor management and optimization: The merch team is new, and there are tons of opportunities for the categories to expend and explore with keen focus on gamer experiences. You need to develop and optimize a vendor base that could help the team to test and understand the market and gamers' needs on merch items. You need to continuously improve vendors' capabilities in terms of meeting the business objectives, product offerings and the fast rhythm in eCommerce. You will also set up an effective vendor scorecard per business needs to help communicate, manage and continuously develop vendor capabilities.
- Key contributor to key beats and promotion planning: Based on the product development lifecycle, the key beats of the eCommerce seasonality, the demand planning strategy and supply chain capabilities, you are a key contributor to the team for all key beats and promotional planning.
- Demand planning and inventory optimization: Given the gamer requirements, the business goals, and eCommerce key beats, you need to set up a demand planning and inventory management strategy and process, and execute effectively. During the entire process, you maintain effective and timely communication with other team members.
- Collaborate with the eCommerce sales/marketing team to achieve revenue and profit goals
- New product development: you are innovative. You help the team to continuously develop and test new products to understand and meet gamer requirements, to drive traffic to the stores, to meet business goals, and at the same time manage the financial impact.
- Internal control and compliance: Be the guardian of our supply quality, set up the standard and process and ensure the compliance, be the gate keeper
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.