Head of Publishing Iberia
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result into genre-defining games. Back in 2009, that vision gave birth to our debut title League of Legends, which achieved critical acclaim among players and became the most played PC game in the world. We are honored to serve over 100 million players worldwide every month.
To support our growth and nurture our relationship with our Spanish and Portuguese players, we are opening an office in Barcelona. To make that launch a reality, however, we need a handful of top-tier leaders to help us lay the groundwork, starting, basically… tomorrow!
This is where you come in!
As Head of Publishing Iberia, you’re an integral part of our leadership team in Barcelona. You report to the Country Manager Iberia and you oversee our PR, marketing, branding, exhibition, and community management efforts in Spain and Portugal. You love challenging convention with entrepreneurial spirit, you’re willing to embrace the unknown and you’re able to come up with groundbreaking initiatives that will take our relationship with players and media partners to the next level.
As a Rioter in Barcelona, you'll join a lean but dedicated team of Rioters committed to striving to be the most player-focused game company in the world. You'll share our prioritization of player experience, challenge convention and intense passion for gaming. You’ll collaborate with teams across the globe with the goal of bringing the best possible experiences to Spanish and Portuguese players.
We are looking for a humble, ambitious and broad-thinking publishing leader who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor.
Just like us, you are passionate about games and take play seriously.
Educates & Experienced: you've earned your bachelor’s in Marketing, Communications or Business, and probably an MBA as well. You have experience in implementation of large-scale marketing initiatives: you've created campaigns that champion consumer experience while challenging marketing conventions in the industry for at least five years.
Player focused: you understand your impact on the player experience because you are a player too. You use that knowledge to improve the overall experience of all our games.
Strategic: you have a broad vision of the Spanish games and media landscape. You can target the most relevant strategic avenues to bring our publishing initiatives to the right crowd, in the right fashion.
A sharp judge: you have an eye and ear for great marketing assets that have an impact on our Iberia regions while staying true to our global brand vision and direction.
A leader by example: you build, lead, and inspire teams by walking the talk. You are self-aware, you can take feedback well, and you remain open to constructive criticism. You can recognize failure and learn from mistakes.
Talent driven: you know how to support Rioters in their career development, you hold frequent development discussions, set stretch goals. Ultimately, you love to see your team members succeed and grow in their careers.
A modern thinker: you stay up-to-date and ahead of the curve of publishing initiatives carried out by other innovative gaming and media companies, whether in Iberia or abroad.
Agile and organized: roadblocks, constraints, dogmas, none of these scare you. Your energy is positive and focused on finding solutions to deliver your vision to all players. You show a clear “can-do” attitude and lead by that example.
Data-minded: your analytical mindset helps you translate raw data into exciting and meaningful information through reports, budgets, and estimates that support our marketing and publishing strategy.
A strong communicator: you have excellent communication and presentation skills in English.
Educated: you studied or used agile project and team management (such as SCRUM, XP, etc.), lean processes (such as Kanban), and/or objective driven management (such as OKR).
- Build, grow, and run a highly capable team that delivers top-notch publishing and community involvement to Spanish and Portuguese players and media partners.
- Inspire, lead, and coach publishing, and social media team members who are responsible for local marketing programs.
- Ensure consistent brand messaging and clear communications across all media, including advertising materials and promotional copy.
- Draw on your intimate understanding of ES & PT players, identifying and proposing new features and messaging that drive player engagement, while inspiring new players to give us a try.
- Manage marketing and special industry relationships with global partners that are relevant domestically.
- Create focus within your teams: guide them in the priority-setting process, eliminate blockers, and facilitate execution.
- Establish clear directions and maintain an open dialogue within your teams and with other disciplines at our office in Barcelona and at our global offices.
- Define key performance indicators to set goals for and track the performance of our publishing efforts, and help your teams gain and maintain a data-informed perspective on their work.
- Foster our culture: it’s all about achieving the right goals to have a meaningful impact on the market, it’s not about a list of tasks to tick off.
- Inspire and support the career development of our publishing Rioters.
- Provide support to other disciplines, such as competitive gaming (esports).
- Help us keep striving on our promise to players on our aspiration; to become the most player focused game company in the world.
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.