Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Video Specialist you will direct, shoot, edit and produce video content for European players out of our Dublin office. You will raise the quality bar of the videos we create and facilitate a smooth, on-time, and on-budget production. Diving into projects for the League of Legends EU Publishing team, you’ll be a key player in bringing our content vision to life. You'll own project lifecycles including the strategy, field-to-studio production, communication, bidding, logistics and delivery of assets. You’ll evaluate the quality and effectiveness of all video content our team delivers to players, identifying ways in which we can improve our technical and storytelling chops.
As a Dublin Rioter, you’ll join a team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming. With teams in Player Support, Community, Publishing and Marketing, Riot Games Dublin is dedicated to creating unique player experiences that show European players they aren’t lost in translation.
- A video content virtuoso: your portfolio is cover-to-cover inspiration; you have a deep understanding of how to direct and edit video content that will engage players
- Player-focused: a League of Legends player yourself, you have a spidey sense for what kind of video content will resonate with our players
- Obsessed with storytelling: your creative vision and ability to craft a satisfying story arc can transform the mundane into the magnificent, resulting in video content engages both the head and the heart
- Communicative and collaborative: you can clearly communicate with any department in any medium, be it conference call, Slack chat, or smoke signal; when teammates are struggling, you help with a positive attitude and rolled-up sleeves
- Action-oriented: you take the bull by the horns and ride the damn thing through the heart of a dragon; you turn challenges into opportunities, even without extensive planning because "too hard" means nothing to a dragon slayer
- Intellectually curious: you consider a day without learning a day wasted; you're always curious about new techniques and do daily deep dives on next-gen workflow
- A lifelong learner: you always push yourself to learn fresh shooting and editing methods, technology and video platforms, ensuring our approach never gets stale
- Shoot, produce, edit, and deliver electrifying video content that will blow players’ minds
- Manage existing relationships with video agency partners and freelancers, as well as evaluate the portfolios of prospective new video collaborators
- Produce storyboards and script treatments to make sure we’re not just pointing a camera at things but weaving a compelling narrative in the videos we produce
- Assist in transitioning EU Publishing from the predominantly written editorial of years past into the video space in a way that resonates with local players
- Work closely with EU’s localization team to make sure the video content we produce can be enjoyed by players in the numerous local languages we support
- Communicate with vendors and freelancers with knowledge of current rates and best practices
- Have a clear vision for the final product, as well as a good eye for creative detail and the ability to describe your vision to skeptical stakeholders
- Maintain close communication and craft consultation with local in-country EU offices to ensure consistent video quality for players across Europe
- Identify the video equipment our team will require to deliver video footage that comfortably clears the Riot quality bar
- Manage budget pitches and stakeholder reviews comfortably with confidence, maintaining detailed communications throughout a video's process from concept to delivery
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.