Player Relations Specialist
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in genre-defining games. Back in 2009, that vision gave birth to our debut title League of Legends, which achieved critical acclaim among players and became the most played PC game in the world. We are honored to serve over 100 million players worldwide every month.
We are looking for a humble, ambitious and broad-thinking Player Relations Specialist who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favour. Just like us, you are passionate about games and take play seriously.
As a Player Relations Specialist, you'll work closely with our Publishing and Creative teams to handle the communication around League to our players, as well as deliver value and passion to our French-speaking players, as well as foster a strong, passionate feeling of community.
As a Paris Rioter, you'll join a lean but dedicated team of Rioters striving to be the most player-focused game company in the world. Like us, you’ll prioritise the player experience. You'll help us challenge convention and spread your intense passion for gaming. France needs a shake-up in how games are published: you will deliver unique player experiences that show French players they aren't lost in translation.
- A powerful persuader: you know how to get things done, even when you're out of position and a teamfight is about to break; you know how to empathetically share our design values with players, even when we're nerfing their favorite champion
- Clever with words: you have a bulletproof command of the French language, and you choose your words very, very carefully; the prospect of perfecting a message really gets you going
- A perception specialist: you're a player yourself and a part of the League of Legends community, so you know how – and why – players are going to react to any announcement, decision, or game feature; you'll harness your prescience to help us navigate around landmines and finely tune messaging to address all player perspectives
- A player advocate: you know how to translate what players are saying into convincing, data-informed recommendations that'll inspire action from the League of Legends game dev team
- An empathetic mediator: your growth-oriented mindset means you’re looking to thoroughly understand - and empathize with - all perspectives before taking action; as the bridge between world views you want to help others understand, even if it means admitting we’re wrong
- Positively collaborative: you relish a good brainstorm, savor constructive criticism and easily bring team members from various disciplines together to complete projects
- A problem solver: like a double-0 agent, you use your deadly skills and knowledge to terminate problems with ruthless efficiency; you’ve proven that you’re good under pressure
- Experienced: you'll be able to draw on 4+ years of professional or volunteer experience in PR, brand management, community management, journalism, or related fields; in that time you've picked up some first-hand experience in shaping public perception
- An accomplished summoner: you're crazy for League of Legends and play every day, preferably executing the latest pro strats in ranked games; you religiously follow game developments across all of Riot's news channels
- Be the voice of the League of Legends game development team (based in Los Angeles) and the French Riot Games office in order to help us build an authentic relationship with French players through transparent, thoughtful, and educational communications
- Be the voice of the French players to be sure they feel heard and treated as “first-class citizens”
- Quickly and effectively develop time-sensitive communications when there's a perception crisis underway, and evaluate and report on player sentiment, both for specific communications initiatives
- Evaluate areas of opportunity where players don't fully understand our vision and develop plans and messages that will get them on-board
- Create kickass educational content, helping our players understanding the game better
- Work with US League of Legends game development team to improve our relationship with French players to make sure they are heard
- Develop tools, programs and training that help Rioters engage with the French League of Legends community in a constructive and effective way