Senior PR Manager
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Senior PR Manager, you’ll work with other crafts like Brand, Comms and Community to help us build a narrative around League’s evolution and speak to the multitude of improvements we’ve made over time (and how this work never stops). You’ll design and build campaigns that complement Publishing EU strategy and help us reach core gamers that are not present on our owned channels. In addition to being an expert on League and it’s community, you’ll also help us talk about Riot Games and the values and people that help make us what we are.
As a Dublin Rioter, you’ll join a team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming. With teams in Player Support, Community, Publishing and Marketing, Riot Games Dublin is dedicated to creating unique player experiences that show European players they aren’t lost in translation.
- Educated and experienced: you’ve earned a bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or a related field; with several years of gaming industry PR under your belt, you’re well-versed with the nuances of working with agencies and other partners
- A visionary/big picture thinker: you don’t just focus on the next key beat, you’re thinking about the narrative we’re building for players across the year. You’re acutely aware of brand perception in the broader media and able to build and execute comprehensive strategies that resonate with our audience, both current and future.
- A PR phenom: you’re able to successfully create, plan, and execute strategic yet creative PR initiatives with a focus on building narrative and sharing great stories
- Agile and autonomous: you are self-driven and resilient, rolling with punches and putting out fires; you’re meticulously organized with an unquenchable drive for results
- A people person: whilst you live your craft, you know that good strategy is nothing without great people. You build trust and respect with people both inside and outside of Riot as evidenced by your comprehensive network across the industry
- A serious and seasoned gamer: you’ve been gaming since the dark days of dial-up and consider League of Legends an integral part of your daily routine
- A consummate communicator: you’re a communicative dual-threat, able to clearly and succinctly express yourself in either written or verbal mediums; you’re fluent in English and ideally other languages and equally at home 1-1 or presenting to large groups
- Define and execute PR strategy for both League and Riot in Europe
- Work as part of a lean, multi-discipline EU Publishing team to design and deliver initiatives and campaigns that help improve our connection with players across Europe
- Build and foster relationships with the gaming media and identify partners to help us level up our presence across Europe
- Lead and organize events with PR agencies, including media tours, media events, and trade shows
- Develop, edit, and approve press related materials like media alerts, press kits, interviews, and other essential routes of communication
- Identify and report on digital/social media trends, tactics, and technologies while developing strategic recommendations that inform PR programs
- Be the first port of call for all press and media queries and work with the PR teams across the rest of Riot offices to ensure a consistent message
- Help us keep striving on our promise to players on our aspiration; to become the most player focused game company in the world.
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.