Quality Analyst (Playtest), R&D
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Quality Analyst (Playtest), you'll be our analytical gatekeeper of quality, creating test plans, working with external testing groups, and evaluating both the functional and subjective caliber of projects for a Riotous R&D development team. Your willingness to listen and improve, passionate spirit, team-first mindset, problem solving skills, and love of multiple game genres will help us level up and innovate on our processes, giving gamers the most kick-ass experiences on the battlefield.
- Coachable: you eagerly listen to constructive feedback, internalize it, and strive to step up your game; you're a human sponge, soaking up new information and expanding to take on new challenges that sometimes lie outside your comfort zone
- Passionate and persistent: you embrace new challenges with entrepreneurial enthusiasm; you don't fear failure, considering every misstep an important learning experience
- Team-oriented: you've always got your team's back, unfailingly the first to lend a hand, ear, or fist bump; you create and foster partnerships, always open to feedback to force multiply and crush lofty goals as a team
- Astute: you don't hide from problems, you quickly jump in to solve them; figuring out the "why" and "how" of things is part of your nature
- A gamer: you spend the bulk of your time playing games; you put player value on a pedestal, as you sympathize with the plight of both the average and highly competitive player
- Play at or near a competitive level across a number of hardcore games. If this was League of Legends, you would be Diamond 2 or higher
- Provide actionable feedback, communicating how effectively a change does or doesn't accomplish a specific goal
- Identify and report bugs you encounter during playtests
- Provide player-focused insight into how specific design problems were solved in your game genre
- Consider the differences and perspectives between tiers of players when giving feedback on mechanics
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.