Corporate Communications Lead
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a Corporate Communications Lead, you'll represent Riot, articulating and sharing our news and stories with outside influencers, publicists and media -- both enthusiast and mainstream. You'll internally source the stories for League of Legends and esports launches and initiatives that'll resonate with players and other key audiences. You'll put your communications skills to use and build relationships within gaming and mainstream media, so when we're ready to tell those stories, you know who to reach out to. You'll collaborate with press-types to ensure those stories are shared in an authentic, player-focused way, and because you're a player, too, you know exactly what that means.
- A fledgling Communications powerhouse: you've been working within the PR or the media space for at least 8-10 years - bonus points if your experience (and network of contacts) comes from the game industry
- A natural connector: you thrive on setting up and maintaining relationships within the media and elsewhere; you're building up a reputation as the best 'first call' for any breaking news
- A coverage tracker: you're always one step ahead of where Riot and LoL are popping up in the media, making you a one-stop-shop for keeping Rioters in the know about what's being said in the press
- An influencer innovator: you embrace the fact that players are getting their news, opinions, and ideas from different channels, people, and mediums than years past, and you're keen to work with these new frontiers
- A gamer: you're a player yourself and a native to gamer culture, so you keep tabs on the enthusiast press and the latest developments in the industry
- Become a brand expert evangelist for Riot, League of Legends and esports, and sniff out the right stories, developments and news that need to be shared externally
- Offer support at major press events, ensuring that the no detail is left to change, all media are hosted and nurtured, and nobody leaves feeling ignored or unaccommodated
- Build up relationships with major influencers across the spectrum; from broadcast networks to esports enthusiasts, you'll know first names
- Set up watertight systems for tracking and distributing clips; keep us informed about trends and temperature for both Riot and LoL's media coverage
- Help to prep spokespeople for media and other public facing opportunities; anticipate questions, issues and any other potholes
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.