Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to be a gamer? Do I need to be ranked in League?
To make the best games for players, it's important that we're gamers ourselves. If you have a rank in League make sure to provide that information, as it can be relevant for some positions.
I'm a recent graduate with zero work experience—should I apply?
Each job description lists the relevant experience required.
Can I apply for multiple jobs?
We want applicants to think deeply about their skills and interest—and how they line up with the jobs available at Riot. It's not a good sign if you find yourself applying to as many open positions as possible.
I interviewed/applied last year and wasn’t selected. Can I reapply?
Needs change, and people grow. If you've leveled up since your last application, feel free to apply to the appropriate role.
I want to work at one of Riot's global offices but I’m not a citizen of that country. Is that possible?
Working globally depends on the immigration restrictions of the relevant country/region. If you apply to a role in a global office, those recruiting teams will respond if they see a match.
I don't live in any of the cities with a Riot office. Is there an opportunity to work remotely?
It's highly unlikely that we'll be able to consider you for a role that isn't based out of one of the locations where we currently do business. If you're open to relocating, please make sure to indicate that in your application.
What should I wear for my video or onsite interview?
We're a casual environment. We believe in you being you (and that applies to your wardrobe).
Do I need to submit a cover letter?
Cover letters are a good way to explain who you are, why you want to work at Riot in your specific role, and showcase your personality while you're at it.
I want to change something on my submitted application, what do I do?
Before hitting SEND, please ensure all info is accurate and up-to-date (including your resume and cover letter) as you will be unable to modify your application after submission.
Do I need to be referred to work at Riot?
Referrals can help, but a candidate's capabilities ultimately determine whether we move forward with interviews or not.
How old do I have to be to work at Riot?
We only consider applicants over the age of 18.
How long is the interview process?
1. Submit application - We’ll try to follow up within four weeks if we’re moving forward.
2. Recruiter Call - Before formal interviews, you’ll have a quick chat with a Recruiter about your background and interests.
3. Phone interviews - If the Recruiter finds a fitting role, you’ll likely go through one or two phone interviews, one focused on your applicable skills and another focused on situations you’ve encountered at work.
4. Skill Test - In certain cases, you'll be asked to showcase your expertise in your craft area.
5. In-Person Interview - We’ll arrange for you to visit your local Riot office, where you’ll have a series of interviews.
It's intense but ideally the process is meant to discover whether the fit's good for both us and for you.